Prof. Dr.-Ing. Kawa Nazemi is organizing together with Prof. Dr. Egils Ginters and Dr. Michael Bažant a special issue on “Visual Analytics, Simulation, and Decision-Making Technologies” in the MDPI Journal of Electronics.
The Journal of Electronics is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access journal on the science of electronics and its applications published semimonthly online by MDPI. It publishes reviews, research articles, short communications, and letters. The aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided.
With the recent rise in cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence, new and unsolved societal economic challenges can be solved sophisticatedly. Disciplines such as visual analytics, simulation, data analytics, natural language processing, and image and video processing combined with the human in the interaction loop have led to new systems, methods, concepts, and architectural designs that help us to face societal challenges, e.g., climate, mobility, sustainability, smart city. Furthermore, these approaches lead to predicting likely future scenarios in the economy. These enhancements enable gathering the market relevance of upcoming technologies, analyzing the competitors and other forthcoming competitive technologies, and analyzing new markets for technologies. Thus, the aspect of sustainability plays an increasing role, even in market positioning or in the development and deployment of new technologies.
In this Special Issue, we are interested in systems, system architectures, computational techniques, methods and models, and literature reviews in the areas of analytical decision making, collaborative work, sustainability, economy, simulation, object monitoring, and behavior detection.
From a methodological point of view, the focus is on combining technological approaches from various disciplines to provide new ways and methods for analyzing data and models and enabling novel approaches for solving societal and economic challenges. On the practical side, we are looking for algorithms, software, prototypes, and demonstrators of decision-making support with the human-in-the-loop in various application fields. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Visual analytics and information visualization
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Simulation and modeling for digital twins
- Collaboration systems and collaborative work
- Data analytics and natural language processing
- Analytical systems for mobility, transportation, and traffic
- Analytical systems for sustainability and environment
- Analytical systems for corporate foresight
- Analytical systems for smart manufacturing
- Technologies for smart city, virtual, and augmented reality applications
- Quantum and high-performance computing use
- Digital wallet and blockchain synergy
- Fault diagnosis in cyber-physical systems
- Predictive maintenance in Industry 4.0
- Object monitoring and behavior detection
If you are interested in the journal and in submitting an article, please note the information on the special issue website: Special Issue “Visual Analytics, Simulation, and Decision-Making Technologies”.
The post Call for Articles to Special Issue in Journal of Electronics appeared first on Human-Computer Interaction & Visual Analyitics Reasearch Group (vis) at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (h_da).